When people feel physical pain, their first thought is that they have sustained some type of physical injury. However, that’s not always the case. Excessive stress can actually cause substantial pain in the back, neck, shoulders, and head. Discover why stress and back pain are related, and learn how you can find relief through chiropractic care.
Are you suffering from back pain? Contact Peak Chiropractic in Celebration, FL to make an appointment today!
Is Stress Causing Your Back Pain?
It may seem as though there’s no link between stress and physical pain, but the effects of stress shouldn’t be underestimated. Stress causes hormones to be released that can interrupt many ways your body functions. For instance, people under excess stress may experience weight gain or changes in behavior due to this imbalance. That being said, this imbalance can also lead to back pain and headaches as well.
It’s crucial to find healthy ways to cope with stress, not only in the interest of relieving your back pain, but so you don’t succumb to other conditions like heart disease in the long run.
A Common Problem for Many Americans
In a survey about the most prevalent cause of back pain for American adults, stress was voted the top cause by 29% of the respondents, ranking higher than nine other factors. This not only shows that excessive stress is extremely common in America, but also that many people are beginning to see the direct connection between stress and the back pain it causes.
Treat Your Stress, Treat Your Symptoms
If you believe that your back pain is being caused by stress, you simply need to find coping methods for reducing your stress levels. Fortunately, there are both chiropractic and home remedies that you can try to find relief for your symptoms.
Chiropractic Treatments for Stress-Related Pain
Chiropractic therapy is particularly effective at relieving pain in the back, neck, and spine. Consider chiropractic treatments like these for your stress-related pain:
Massage is one of the most effective therapies for relieving stress. That’s why we offer two forms of massage therapy at Peak Chiropractic that will leave you feeling completely relaxed:
- HydroMassage. Hydromassage is an innovative form of therapy that takes advantage of the power of water. You’ll lay on our HydroMassage bed as heated water rushes beneath the surface, relaxing your joints and reducing inflammation. Patients love how relaxed they are after each session.
- Infinity Zero Gravity Massage Chair. With the Infinity Zero Gravity Massage Chair, we can give patients a deep-tissue massage exactly where they need it the most. Many patients enjoy this form of therapy due to its comfort and versatility. You simply sit in the chair, and we program a massage that targets your exact symptoms.
By stimulating your cells using cold, low-level laser therapy, we’re able to reduce inflammation and relieve pain anywhere on your body. These sessions are quick and painless, making this a highly convenient treatment for our patients.
Home Remedies to Relieve Stress
It’s important to find constructive ways to relieve stress at home so that you’re able to seek relief right when you need it. Try these methods to reduce stress:
- Meditation. Meditation provides many proven benefits for your physical and mental health. You can practice meditation by partnering with a transcendental meditation (TM) instructor or simply setting a time to sit and breathe deeply each day with a clear mind.
- Yoga. Yoga is a practice that goes back thousands of years, but it has never been more popular than it is today. Try yoga classes to keep your joints flexible and your body and mind relaxed.
- Staying Fit. Exercise is also an effective form of stress relief. Consider taking fitness classes, committing to a recreational sports team, or going to the gym regularly to stay in shape and keep stress at bay.
Make an Appointment with Peak Chiropractic
Stress and back pain are closely related, but you can find relief for your symptoms through chiropractic therapy. If you’re suffering from back pain due to a high-stress lifestyle, treatments like massage therapy and laser therapy can leave your back and mind feeling free from stress. Contact Peak Chiropractic to make an appointment with our experienced team!